// SBGames 2009:
Thinking About Convergence
SBGames is the annual symposium of the Special Commission of Games and Digital Entertainment of the Computing Brazilian Society (in Portuguese: Sociedade Brasiliera de Computação - SBC) dedicated to Research, Development, and Innovation in computer games, real time simulation, and new forms of digital entertainment. Since 2002, the symposium has been congregating scientists, artists, designers, entrepreneurs, educators, and students from universities, research centers, and industry. This year, the theme of the conference is “Thinking about Convergence”, reflecting the importance of bringing together all the medias and platforms (TV, cinema, computer, mobile devices), the impact of digital contents is becoming ubiquitous (i.e. in any object), and the implications of sharing solutions between several sectors (entertainment, defense, simulation industry, and education).
// Lastest highlights:
- Complete SBGames2009 Program (revised and with novelties) is available online and ready to download. Click here to check it out!
- Complete Oi Futuro Games Festival program is available and ready to download. Click here to check it out!
- NAVE Award FINALISTS ONLINE!. Check it out!
- Indie Games Festival FINALISTS ONLINE!. Check it out!
- Local Registration will be open from October 7th.
- Art Exhibition: Selected Works Announcement in Parla! Category.
- Keynote and International Speakers confirmed!
- Art Exhibition: Selected Works Announcement in Relationships between Games and Art Category!
- SBGames2009 expands for activitie's week jointly with Oi Futuro Games Festival.
- Video Game Live Orchestra ignite game week in Rio de Janeiro.
- Limited SBGames2009 registrations alert. Register NOW!